Adopt-A-Pet relies completely on volunteers to help the rescued animals of our community. There are different volunteer opportunities in many areas.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities, please call our info line at 701-232-5856 and leave your contact information and reason for calling. One of our volunteers will contact you. If you have note heard from someone after 48hrs, please call again and leave another message. Also, all volunteers must fill out a Volunteer Application.
Here are some of the volunteer opportunities with Adopt-A-Pet:
- Become a Foster Home
- Because Adopt-A-Pet does not have a shelter, foster homes are a vital part of our organization’s ability to save rescued pets. Foster homes provide love, daily care, and basic training while the animal awaits adoption. Fostering can range from a few weeks to months, depending on how long it takes to find an adoptive family. All expenses such as food, medical and supplies are covered by Adopt-A-Pet.
- There are also expectations that you will show your foster pet at some Adopt-A-Pet events (example: Adoption Days twice a month at Petco). It’s not always possible to attend every event, but foster homes are encouraged to make their foster pet available to be shown at the events, as it is one way they can be viewed by potential adoptive families.
- To become a foster home, there are only a few steps
to go through:
- Fill out a Foster Home
- Applications will be reviewed by key volunteers responsible for the adoption of the type of animal you are interested in fostering (Dog\Cat\Rabbit)
- Set up a home visit
- Once the foster home application is reviewed and approved, a foster home application reviewer will visit the home to ensure the animal will be in a safe and loving environment appropriate for the animal, as well as meet all members of the household.
- Fill out a Foster Home Application
- Fostering is a very rewarding experience. To show these animals that there are people that love and care for them is a truly life changing experience. Contact us today!
- Adoption Days Staff
- Care for the animals shown at Adoption Days, answer questions about the animals available for adoption and the Adopt-A-Pet program. Help set-up for the event.
- Outreach/Fundraising/Public Relations
- Visit schools and local groups to provide humane education, plan and participate in fundraising activities, and help with television and radio commercials.